Removalists Melbourne: Don’t Leave a
Huge Mess When You Move Out!
Yes, house moving is exhausting, time-consuming, stressing, and depressing. But they are not excuses to leave your old house as a mess when you move out. It’s the place you lived for years happily. A man’s home is his castle. Yes, it was your castle. At Removalists Melbourne, we move houses throughout the year, and we have seen the way some people leave their old house – a huge mess. Today, Removalists is going to talk about move-out cleaning. Leaving the house spotless when you leave is a good trick to get your deposit back from the landlord. On the other hand, it’s not nice to leave it as a mess. Clean what you use. That’s how our parents thought about it when we were kids.
* Clean the rooms: Well, you don’t have to wait until the rooms are empty to clean. You can clean the windows when the items are still there. Clean the windows including the blinds. I am sure there are nails and hooks that you fixed. Now, it’s the time to remove them and fill holes with putty. Removalists Melbourne tip: A magic eraser is a good option to get rid of scuff marks. Clean the lamps too. Get rid of the cobwebs on the ceiling. Clean the room from top to bottom.
* Clean the kitchen: Start from cabinet tops. Dust gets accumulated over the months there. Next, clean inside the cabinets. Removalists Melbourne tip: Make sure you remove the liners when cleaning. All you need – a scrubbing sponge and a detergent. Clean outside surfaces with a damped cloth. Empty and clean the refrigerator before Removalists Melbourne arrives. Remove the shelves and wash them in the sink. Use an antibacterial detergent when cleaning inside surfaces. Do the same for your dishwasher. Move on to the oven, microwave, and the stove next. Don’t forget to clean the exhaust fan too.
* The bathroom: Start from bathroom cupboards. Again, take out the liners and give a detail clean. Scrub walls/tiles with a scrubbing sponge. Removalists Melbourne tip: Cleaning the edges/grout is a challenge, but you can use a toothbrush for the purpose. Give a detail clean to the bath tub and the shower area. Yes, the mirrors too with vinegar. Anyway, you can start it on the move day (you will need to use it until then.) Mop the floor and dust the exhaust fan.
* The garden: It’s the first thing the landlord will see when he comes for the final inspection. You better keep it tidy so. Get your lawn mower and cut that extra grass. Give a good first impression to the landlord. Removalists Melbourne tip: A happy landlord will give you the full deposit back. To make him happy, show him that you have maintained his house like it was one of yours.
* Other outside areas: It depends on the house you live. The outside garage, back garden shelter, and so on. Don’t forget the attic too.
Some final words: We found this article – what you need to clean a house?(http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/tips/a18572/cleaning-cabinet-essentials/.) Well, you don’t have to have everything in their list, but you can get an idea of what you will need.