With the news of India becoming a hotspot for tourism being popular means of income generation in the country, there is no dearth of jobs in Sri Lanka. There are several travel-related jobs and tourism-related jobs in Sri Lanka.
With the increasing trend of online jobs in Sri Lanka, there is an increase in the number of tourists visiting the country. People from all parts of the world visit Sri Lanka and most of them hire a Sri Lankan citizen to cater to their various requirements. There are a large number of jobs available in the tourism sector in Sri Lanka.
There are many jobs Sri Lanka available in the tourism sector in Sri Lanka. Travellers from Australia, Canada, Japan, USA, Australia, France, England, Germany, UK, India, Israel, etc. pay Sri Lankan citizens to cater to their diverse needs and requirements. Some professional positions require knowledge in different aspects of the industry and tourists are preferred to fill such vacancies.
Tourist related positions in tourism in Sri Lanka are:
– Tour Operators: The Tour Operators in Sri Lanka has to work on a contract basis and they work independently. This has become an increasingly popular employment option with tourists because it is flexible and these companies also have to take care of the needs of the tourists while travelling. Tour Operators are called on to arrange accommodation, transport, tours, etc.
– Tour Guides: Tour Guides in Sri Lanka has to fulfil various positions within the company. Tour Guides helps tourists get through the different areas of Sri Lanka. Tour Guides has to provide guides assistance and guide books to tourists and perform other related duties.
– Tour Operator: Tour Operators has to book for tourists when required. In addition to this, the tour operator also has to secure the tickets of tourists, pay for hotels and other related charges, negotiate with the hotel and arrange for other activities. As a part of the tour operator, the tour operator has to get the name of all the tour guides working in the country and also the arrangements made by the tour operators. A tour operator must be very handy and have experience in all the sectors of the industry.
– Tour Information Office: These people have to collect all the information about tourists so that they can be properly attended to. The Tour Information Office is also responsible for giving all the information to the tourists.
– Visiroff: As Visiroff is the agent for tourists, Visiroff is responsible for arranging all the tour packages. Visiroff also arranges the accommodation for the tourists. Visiroff is also responsible for all the services that are related to the tours. These services include transportation to the tour sites, medical care, emergency evacuation and taking care of lost tourist documents.
– Hotel Manager: A Sri Lankan hotel manager has to handle the hotel and its affairs. A Hotel Manager is responsible for providing the staff and the management to the hotel. There are many hotels in Sri Lanka and the hotels have to be managed by a Sri Lankan hotel manager to attract more tourists.
These are the jobs available in Sri Lanka. To fill these jobs, one has to fill out the required details and submit the required documents. These jobs can be done by locals or through foreign job agencies.